September 13, 2006

Spuddy's Recitation Challenge

by Spuddy Buddy


I am memorizing stuff for school. Would you like to do it with me? Okay! Here is the scripture I'm memorizing this week:


All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 3:16, 17


And here is the poem for this week and next:

Little Things

Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the pleasant land.

So the little moments,
Humble though they be,
Make the mighty ages
Of eternity.

So our little errors
Lead the soul away
From the path of virtue,
Far in sin to stray.

Little deeds of kindness,
Little words of love,
Help to make earth happy
Like the heaven above.

by Julia Fletcher Carney, 1823-1908


At least memorize the scripture with me. That's the most important. Leave me a comment when you've got it down!

3 comments:

Cimmanim said...

that's so cool! i love that poem :)

coffeemamma said...

I had to memorize that poem in grade 3! I think I'll get our Boy to take you up on the challenge ;-)

Mrs. Darling said...

i memorized that verse and poem as a very young girl. Did you know that poem is a song? We sang it all the time growing up.