September 10, 2009

the space butterfly

Behold beauty unspeakable.


New image released today from the Hubble Space Telescope,
from the first photos taken with its newly repaired and improved mirrors.

Have you ever seen a more breathtakingly beautiful photo?
I want it blown up mural size for my bedroom ceiling.
We are the first generation to see these things,
"yea, the deep things of God."*
That's astonishing to think about.
The things God sees that we do not....


*I Corinthians 2


(Click on the image to see it HUGE.) 
(Or visit the Hubble site, where they are so incredibly magnanimous
with their gorgeous images that they give you all sorts of download options for free.)

5 comments:

Headmistress, zookeeper said...

I saw this and my breath was literally taken away. It is amazing.

Owl of the Desert said...

I just made it my desktop background at work.

Setiago said...

"The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament sheweth His handiwork."

Dani said...

My Dad did some of the programing work on the Hubble back in 1989-90 (I think it was). I remember being very small and he brought home some of the first pictures it took, and being so amazed. We would sit out in the yard and look up at the sky and talk about the great things that God made up there, and then look at the pictures. I remember thinking that we couldn't even see those things, so he must have made them just for "fun". I was about 5 at the time, and was blown away. Somethings never change.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Fantastic, isn't it! I love all the new discoveries....we are seeing more and more of our wonderful Creator's work. Not only is it what is out in space that boggles my mind, but also those incredible creatures at the bottom of the sea, where no light shines, that, when the light of man's machines does find them...they have beautiful color!

(I just found you via "Being Transformed" - Bonnie's blog).