Ten Random Reasons Why I'm Happy Today
1. Because the carpets were professionally steam cleaned this morning. Because for approximately the next 24 hours, it will not look like the circus just passed through, elephants, chimps and all.
2. Because of The Turnip of Doom. (And other hilarious, utterly ridiculous stories like it which Spuddy Buddy makes up for my amusement in the car.)
3. Because when Shieldmaiden finishes fiddling, Fa-So-La-La practices piano, and when neither is doing either they are so often singing. Because I always hoped for children who sang and made music and now I have them and it makes my heart feel bubbly.
4. Because the stock I asked for (and got!) for Christmas has split and doubled. Which means that at the moment I am beating Great Scot in our nasty stock competition. ;-)
5. Because I had a Mico platter with lots of fresh salsa and hot jalapenos yesterday, which always sets my world back on its axis again. (Best Tex-Mex platter on the planet. Come see me and I'll treat.)
6. Because my best friend, who has been bearing a heavy burden, says she is feeling my prayers. Because prayers are truly heard.
7. Because my young friend with cancer is feeling stronger and her tumors have shrunk. Because I found her a really cute pair of earrings yesterday that will make her smile and make her little balding head look girlier. Because the US Mail will take them halfway across the country to her for about a buck. Isn't life great?
8. Because my cute boyfriend (the one I married) took me on a date this weekend and because we still have more to talk about after two decades than we have hours to talk. And because he still looks at me that way.
9. Because my children have such fine, Godly, funny, caring, wonderful, interesting, encouraging friends that I can only conclude that the Lord chose them for us.
10. Because I can't even begin to count my blessings.