March 24, 2005

Defender of Virtue, Retail Division

Queen Shenaynay

The Shieldmaiden, valiant and true, may have launched a new cultural revolt this evening. One just never knows for sure whether it's the eve of a revolution until time tells.

While strolling through a high-tone store at the mall tonight, our bold rebel marched right up to a bare bellied mannequin, looked right square into her vapid tempera eyes, and in a moment of quiet drama, yanked the plaster gal's clingy pink sweater down to cover the top of her low-slung pants.

"There," quothe she. "Better."

Retail Establishments, beware. The Shieldmaiden is in a shopping mood, and she's really sick of swimming upstream in a sea of belly buttons.

7 comments:

TheHeadGirl said...

Long live the Shieldmaiden!

It was only yesterday, as I watched female classmates, that I thought, "and why are you looking forward to Spring?"

X said...

Totally cool. Wish I could have been there. Just wanted to pop in a say hi to all.

X said...

Hey sheildmaiden, if you are starting that one blog about LOTR, please email me the invitation at will.darkside@gmail.com. I can check that every so often and wanted to be in on the fun. Later.

Anonymous said...

I love this story -- Hooray, Shieldmaiden!

My second-oldest daughter gets similarly disgusted with the magazines that lace the check-out stands at the grocery store, so she turns them all around backwards. And if the ads on the back are as bad as what's on the front, she drops them behind copies of Southern Living. :-D

fa-so-la-la said...

LOVE IT! I might consider making that my personal mission field. :-)
Coming to a Kroger near you!.....

Headmistress, zookeeper said...

Fa-so-la-la, Our sixth child, young whose-its, one of our two First Years, has turned magazines back to front in the grocery store check out.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. The bellybuttons. My own zeal has been directed toward those poor unfortunates with multiple, ill-placed piercings. Now that I'm almost 50, and have taken the license to say pretty much anything, :), I am fond of casting a sympathetic look toward these folks, with a nod to the pierced area, and saying, "I'm so sorry. Does it hurt?" or "Has it become infected?" I seriously doubt that it makes them think or makes them embarrassed, but it ought to.