February 2, 2006

Our thinking vs. God's promises


"It's impossible."
The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.
(Luke 18:27)

"I'm too tired."
Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
(Matthew 11:28-30)

"Nobody really loves me."
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son...
(John 3:16)

"I can't go on."
My grace is sufficient for thee.
(II Corinthians 12:19)

"I can't figure things out."
Man's goings are of the Lord; how can a man then understand his own way?
(Proverbs 20:24; and 3:5&6)

"I can't do it."
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me...
(Phillipians 4:13)

"I'm not able."
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work...
(II Corinthians 9:8)

"It's not worth it."
For we know that all things work together for good to them that love God...
(Romans 8:28)

"I can't forgive myself."
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins...
(I John 1:9)

"I can't manage."
But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
(Phillipians 4:19)

"I'm afraid."
For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
(II Timothy 1:7)

"I'm always worried and frustrated."
Cast all your care upon Him for He careth for you...
(I Peter 5:7)

"I'm not smart enough."
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
(James 1:5)

"I feel all alone."
I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.
(Hebrews 13:5)

4 comments:

Rudy Wellsand said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

This post deserves at least one comment, besides a deleted one.

Thanks for the thoughts. Good stuff to think on, indeed.

Karen G. said...

...and that's just the tip of the iceberg...

monolog said...

Wow...how true each is.