November 1, 2006

so hard before

beatrice

you've probably all read this hymn before, but please take a moment to read it through slowly.


o Jesus! sweet the tears i shed,
while at Thy cross i kneel,
gaze on Thy wounded, fainting head,
and all Thy sorrows feel;

my heart dissolves to see Thee bleed,
this heart so hard before;
i hear Thee for the guilty plead,
and grief o'erflows the more.

twas for the sinful Thou didst die,
and i a sinner stand;
what love speaks from Thy dying eye,
and from each pierced hand.

i know this cleansing blood of Thine
was shed, dear Lord, for me,
for even all, oh, grace divine!
who look by faith on Thee.

o Christ of God! o spotless Lamb!
by love my soul is drawn;
henceforth forever Thine i am;
here life and peace are born;

in patient hope the cross i'll bear,
Thine arm shall be my stay,
and Thou, enthroned, my soul shall spare
on that great judgment day.

No comments: