October 16, 2005

For my friend Joe Black...

...whose beautiful recent post about fall and being alive has given me a whole new appreciation for the G. K. Chesterton poster in my room--






"We are to regard existence as a raid or great adventure; it is to be judged, therefore, not by what calamities it encounters, but by what flag it follows and what high town it assaults.
The most dangerous thing in the world is to be alive; one is always in danger of one's life. But anyone who shrinks from that is a traitor to the great scheme and experiment of being. "








Now that's what I call a pin-up boy.

4 comments:

rachel tsunami said...

Okay, I give up. Where'dja get the G.K. poster.

Sincerely,
Makesme Green

Lynn Bruce said...

I got it from the American Chesterton Society, which counts the Beehive population amongst their membership.

But you don't have to join to buy stuff from their very Chestertonian (ie, most engaging) website:

http://www.chesterton.org/

Laura Kathryn said...

What a fascinating man.

Androphenese said...

"good stuff, hilts!"