August 5, 2005

With the Spirit, and with the understanding also...

Fa-So-La-La

This may sound like a large leap of thought, but it is something I have pondered before-- did God perhaps command singing in the worship service not only to prepare our hearts for worship, but also to provide us the experience of praising Him with greater skill and beauty? My prayers are so halting, so rambley, so ill-concieved, that it is rest to my spirit to be able to cry out to God and worship Him in poetic words and breathtaking harmony. The marriage of music and lyrics creates a marriage of emotion and reason in my soul, allowing me to worship with beauty as a complete person. Praise the Lord that He provides us with this way of drawing near Him.

2 comments:

ithchick said...

Amen, sister. What you said.

X said...

I have never thought of it that way.