April 8, 2005

Give Up on That Legacy Thing, Already!

Queen Shenaynay

The first choke-splutter-guffaw came when former President Bill Clinton opined that the Pope would "have a mixed legacy."

If I recall correctly, I think psychologists call this "transference." Or is it "projection"? (My college psych class is getting to be a while back.)

But Clinton inadvertently wins the Irony of the Day Award again today with this beaut, again about the Pope:

"There will be debates about him. But on balance, he was a man of God, he was a consistent person, he did what he thought was right. That's about all you can ask of anybody."

Oh, okay... so we can ask that of... like maybe... the man in the Oval Office?

1 comment:

Life is better in the South said...

Hey, people in Texas! I love-love-love the Blog! Please check my random yet very Polished (HA!) blog! www.grits93.blogspot.com I know that The Shildmaiden (so much like Claire!) has checked out my extremely cool blog! Oh by-the-way I love the little comment under 'THE BEEHIVE' I laughed out loud when I read it.
Luv-Luv
Whitney